Getting sick during the holidays sucks. Not only do you have to deal with being ill, but it also spoils all the holiday festivities says Alex Gierbolini. Don’t let that happen this year!
These 5 gift ideas will keep your loved ones healthy and active all year long, so they’ll never get a chance to catch a cold or flu again.
1) Apple Watch Series 4
This is Apple’s newest fitness tracking device. With so many health features packed into one sleek watch, it runs rings around any other smartwatch on the market today. It’s available for between $400-$500 depending on your version of choice (they start at an entry-level price point of $399). Here are some examples of what it can do.
- Monitor heart rate, including how fast your heart is beating when resting or while you are active. This can be an indication of whether you have any health problems that need to be addressed.
- Track how many steps you take each day. If you are not hitting the daily goal your watch sets for you, it will encourage you to get up and walk around during the day (something most people don’t do). A lack of daily movement is one of the major contributors to obesity in today’s world. So by encouraging more movement in your life, this watch may help lead to weight loss in some cases.
- Tracks stress levels throughout the day. Alex Gierbolini says the audio feature turns on when it detect raised stress levels, so you can take a break and slow your breathing down to lower anxiety (this can lead to better sleep at night, which also lowers stress).
- Helps track exercise. If you are trying to get in shape for the New Year, this fitness device is a great tool that will help motivate and encourage you along the way. You’ll be able to track your runs and bike rides in real time, and use that data later on in your progress reports.
Of course there are many more features than just these few examples, but you get the idea. This is one of those items that will keep your loved ones healthy all year long by encouraging them to stay active and monitor their health to prevent problems from occurring in the first place.
2) A Fitness Tracker for Your Dog
Does your dog spend most of his time indoors? Does he eat a mostly processed diet of dog food, with little to no meat? All this contributes to making your pup sedentary and overweight.
But did you know that there is a new device on the market that can help your furry friend burn some fat and get more active? It’s called a “Fit Bark”, and it is worn by Fido just like any other collar. This way you’ll know how many steps he takes each day, and what activities he gets up to during the day. You can even set goals together that will encourage him to get out more often!
The Fit Bark is available for $60-70 depending on the size of your dog, so it’s a relatively inexpensive gift to give if you know someone who loves their dog but doesn’t have much time to take him out for long walks says Alex Gierbolini. If this sounds like someone you know, then check out the Fit Bark!
3) An Exercise Bike
Getting fit is hard enough as it is. Doing that inside on an exercise bike can feel even more daunting! But what if you had all the motivation in the world to work out every day? Enter Peloton Cycle, one of the hottest new fitness gadgets on the market today.
4) An Air Purifier for Your Pet’s Room
If your dog or cat spends most of its time indoors, chances are they are breathing in some pretty nasty air. The best way to make sure they are always breathing clean air is with an air purifier. There are tons of models on the market today made specifically for pet rooms. Search “air purifier for pets” to see some of the models available. According to Alex Gierbolini they can run anywhere from $100 all the way up to thousands, depending on the size of your pet. If you know someone with a dog or cat that needs an air purifier, give them this gift and they will thank you for it!
5) A Weighted Blanket
Are you aware that about 10 percent of Americans suffer from some form of anxiety? For many people (including myself), that often manifests in difficulty falling asleep at night. Sleep is one of the most important parts of our health; it’s when our bodies repair themselves and recharge for the next day.
Gifting a weighted blanket is a great way to encourage someone you love to get more sleep and better health.